This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling concluded its 2013 wrestling season at the Norwood Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA with WrestleFest 9.1 after our scheduled December event was postponed due to snow.
NORWOOD– On Saturday night December 14th Northeast Championship Wrestling presents the final event of the 2013 wrestling season when we return to the Elks Lodge [152 Winslow Avenue] in Norwood, MA for NCW WrestleFest IX! Competing in a seasonal format from February through December, for over sixteen years we’ve presented a unique showcase for fans of professional wrestling bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
After stealing the position of power at NCW’s REUNION in April, the Emperor of NCW “Dastardly” Doug Summers must finally face off with former Commissioner Dean Livsley at WrestleFest, putting everything on the line in their final encounter. Livsley has fought tooth-in-nail to get one more match with Emperor Summers, but with the loyalists of Team Dynamite supporting the NCW ruler will the former “Beast” get a fair chance to reclaim his crown?
On Saturday night December 14th Northeast Championship Wrestling returns to the Norwood Elks Lodge for WrestleFest IX, our final event of the NCW 2013 Season. Headlined by a huge double main event, Emperor “Dastardly” Doug Summers puts NCW ownership on the line when he finally faces off with former Commissioner Dean Livsley in a rematch from REUNION while Heavyweight Champion “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas defends his NCW title against the 2013 Big City Rumble winner “RIOT” Kellan Thomas.
This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for our Halloween spooktacular NO FEAR! In addition to our annual Final Countdown War Games Match wrestlers also competed in Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal Matches with competitors spinning the wheel before their scheduled match-ups.
This past weekend Northeast Championship held two huge shows that helped shape the final events of NCW’s 2013 Season. On Saturday night NCW returned to Riverside, RI and the American Legion Post for the Best of 7 Series between Doug Summers’ Team Dynamite and Dean Livsley’s NCW fan favorites. On Sunday Northeast Championship Wrestling partnered with Woonsocket Middle School to present a benefit for WMS students at Woonsocket High School.
This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for the 2013 Big City Rumble, with the winner earning the right to wrestle for the NCW Heavyweight Championship December 14th at WrestleFest IX.
This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for a huge night of wrestling action with NCW’s SUMMERS SLAM, headlined by “RIOT” Kellan Thomas wrestling Scotty “Won’t Die” Vegas for the NCW Heavyweight Championship after being voted as the FANS CHOICE in a landslide victory.
Venue: Norwood Elks Lodge
Ring Announcer: Shane “Sipowicz” Daly
Commentary: “Toxic” Tom Warren
Ringside Photography: Dave Rodrigues & Mike Sjolin
– “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger w/ Sean Feeney & Big Bully Rezner d. Rob “The Giant” Araujo.
– “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople d. Dijack w/ MTE after hitting the whammy bar on the impressive Dijack, making his NCW debut.
Two time former Heavyweight Champion Buddy Romano came out to the ring, speaking for the first time since returning to NCW in June. Buddy talked about his past as NCW Champion, as well as his long standing rivalry with Doug Summers. After running down Doug’s business practices Romano then set his sights on Pacifico, who attempted to collect on Summers bounty last month in Bristol. Still standing strong, Romano said it was going to take a lot more than that to finish him off. He was then interrupted by Doc Ozone and his new client “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy, who opted to collect the bounty for themselves if Romano was still standing.
– “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy w/ Doc Ozone d. Buddy Romano via count out after Romano’s injured arm prevented him from making it in before the ten count. Following the match Romano was once again attacked by Pacifico- who once again applied his ‘crossface chickenwing’ on Buddy.
– The Inglorious Dastards (“Terrible” Tony Caruso & “The Beast” Brandon Behm) d. David & Eddie Loomis to win the NCW Tag Team Championship after Pacifico returned to the ring, stalking and attacking Eddie Loomis allowing the Dastards to capitalize and win the championship.
– “All Good” Anthony Greene d. “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva in their Last Man Standing Match after delivering a devastating piledriver off the top rope onto a table set up in the ring. After their brutal match-up, Greene barely was able to make the ten count, defeating Paiva.
– Steve “The Turtle” Weiner & Tomahawk d. Maniacally Twisted (“The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed & the Shadow) w/ Sean Feeney in tag team action, giving a big win to the debuting Tomahawk.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn d. NCW New England Champion “Simply God’s Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone in a hard fought match. While Dunn believed he had won the New England title West reminded him that this was not a NE title match and that the championship was not on the line.
– The Lumberjake d. “Dastardly” Doug Summers with a devastating choke slam, giving LBJ one of the biggest wins of his young career. Following the match the Dastards attempted to attack Lumberjake, only to be thwarted by Dean Livsley, who laid out “The Beast” with a big splash.
– NCW Heavyweight Champion Scotty “Won’t Die” Vegas d. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas to retain the NCW Championship after Vegas used the ring bell hammer on Thomas behind the referees back. Following the match Kellan and Kepler gained a measure of revenge by knocking the champion down, and celebrating with the NCW Heavyweight Title.
NORWOOD– On Friday night August 2nd Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2013 wrestling season continues when we make our return to the Elks Lodge [152 Winslow Avenue] in Norwood, MA when Commissioner Doug Summers presents Summers Slam! Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
On August 2nd the fans in Norwood will have the rare opportunity to decide who will wrestle the NCW Heavyweight Champion at Summers Slam when the fans in attendance will choose the opponent for “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas for the NCW title. The three competitors eligible for voting are the two time former Heavyweight Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn, the reigning NCW New England Champion “Simply God’s Best” GA West, and the ever popular “RIOT” Kellan Thomas who will of course have the trusty puppet Kepler by his side. Whoever the fans choose, Vegas has stated that he is ready and waiting to dominate the competition as NCW’s first ever Triple Crown Champion.
The “benevolent” and “gracious” NCW Commissioner Emperor “Dastardly” Doug Summers, having the nerve to name the event after himself, has set up a coup August 2nd pitting himself against the wilderness warrior Lumberjake while also setting up his Inglorious Dastards (“Terrible” Tony Caruso & “The Beast” Brandon Behm) with a Tag Team Championship Match against the NCW Tag Team Champions David & Eddie Loomis. Can Summers and the Inglorious Dastards secure a clean sweep when NCW returns to Norwood? Not if the former Commissioner Dean Livsley has anything to say about it as he positions himself against the man who screwed him out of his job as NCW’s sheriff.
Also appearing in Norwood will be the NCW 2012 Rookie of the Year “All Good” Anthony Greene taking on “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva in a Last Man Standing Match, “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger and Maniacally Twisted, Steve “The Turtle” Weiner, Rob “The Giant” Araujo, the debuting Tomahawk and many more!
The Norwood Elks Lodge is located at 152 Winslow Avenue in Norwood, MA just minutes away from downtown off Rt. 1A [Washington Street]. Doors open at 7pm with a 7:30 bell time. Tickets for this event will be available at the door with $10 for adults and $5 for kids twelve and under. As always card is subject to change. For more information on Northeast Championship Wrestling be sure to visit us online at http://theNCW.com, follow us on Twitter @theNCWtweets, or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling.
Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Bristol VFW Post after an eleven year absence this past Saturday night for NCW’s Red, White, & Bruised. A big thanks to the VFW, Lou Francis, and their support as we look forward to returning to Bristol in October.
– “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople d. Kevin Perry with the ‘whammy bar’ in a hard-hitting back and forth match up. The former New England Champion showed a surprising mean streak in the match, showing his frustration with losing his New England title back in April.
– The Legion of Green(e) (“All Good” Anthony Greene & Steve “The Turtle” Weiner) d. Maniacally Twisted (“The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed & the Shadow) w/ Sean Feeney in tag team action. Following the match “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva arrived out of nowhere, delivering a vicious piledriver to Greene.
– The former NCW Commissioner Dean Livsley came out to the ring, calling out “Dastardly” Doug Summers. Since getting screwed out of his job at NCW’s 16 year REUNION, Dean has remained quiet. But after seeing all the chaos over the last three months it’s time for him to take a stand. Summers finally responded along with his Inglorious Dastards, stating that NCW has never been better with him at the helm. However, if Dean really wanted to get a piece of him he would first have to go through “Terrible” Tony Caruso & “The Beast” Brandon Behm in a gauntlet match and then, and only then would he get the opportunity to wrestle Doug Summers if he survived the onslaught of the Dastards.
– Buddy Romano d. Rocco Abruzzi with a DDT, as Abruzzi attempted to take the bounty put forth on Buddy Romano’s head. Following the match Romano was attacked by Pacifico, who laid the former NCW Champion out with a crossface chickenwing incapacitating him.
– Rob “The Giant” Araujo d. “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger w/ Sean Feeney.
– “Dastardly” Doug Summers d. Dean Livsley in the Inglorious Gauntlet, after “Terrible” Tony Caruso and “The Beast” Brandon Behm intentionally disqaulified themselves from the match in an effort to punish the former Commissioner. After a valiant comeback, Livsley fell victim to another ‘Beautiful Disaster’ from Summers.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn (w/ Mike Graca, recovering from a concussion) came to the ring for his New England Championship Match against “Simply God’s Best” GA West, only to be interrupted by Doc Ozone along with his flunkie Nick Varsity (Vic Victory). Doc O stated that Dunn didn’t deserve to wrestle the New England Champion yet, and instead handpicked Dunn’s opponent for the night– “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy!
– “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy w/ Doc Ozone d. “The Juice” JT Dunn w/ Mike Graca after Ozone and his flunkie Nick Varsity distracted the two time former NCW Heavyweight Champion.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas w/ Kepler d. “Deathproof” Aaron Epic in a great back and forth.
– NCW Tag Team Champions the Loomis Brothers d. the BLT to retain the NCW Tag Team Championship after David Loomis nailed the Lumberjake with a bicycle kick. Following the match “Dastardly” Doug Summers and his crew of sympathizers arrived on scene, attacking David & Eddie Loomis until Dean Livsley and the BLT returned to even the odds against Summers and his crew. Begrudingly, the Loomis Brothers and BLT shook hands following the match.
On June 21st, 2013 Scotty “Won’t Die” Vegas did the unthinkable when he “”defeated” JT Dunn to become NCW’s first Triple Crown Champion, a feat he only achieved thanks to a legal loophole allowed by NCW Commissioner “Dastardly” Doug Summers.
PLUS the return of Pulp Fiction with highlights from NCW Aftermath!