This past weekend Northeast Championship held two huge shows that helped shape the final events of NCW’s 2013 Season. On Saturday night NCW returned to Riverside, RI and the American Legion Post for the Best of 7 Series between Doug Summers’ Team Dynamite and Dean Livsley’s NCW fan favorites. On Sunday Northeast Championship Wrestling partnered with Woonsocket Middle School to present a benefit for WMS students at Woonsocket High School.
Saturday September 28th
Venue: Riverside American Legion Hall
Ring Announcers: Bobbi Rossi & Brian Moore
Referees: Redd Roche, Dan Tanaka, & David Montenaro
– “Dastardly” Doug Summers and Team Dynamite (NCW Heavyweight Champion Scotty Vegas, NCW Tag Team Champions The Inglorious Dastards, Pacifico, Rocco Abruzzi, & “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger) came to the ring, ready for their Best of 7 Series against Team NCW. Dean Livsley then arrived on hand with the remaining NCW roster. While Summers enthusiastically deputized Pacifico making him NCW’s newest Deputy Commissioner, he began looking for a 7th participant to help him against “All Good” Anthony Greene, “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva snuck into the ring to offer his services. After declining his offer, Summers looked toward the roster only to have Kevin Perry blind side Greene (he was right behind him) and toss him into the ring, seemingly joining the Commissioner’s cause.
– Kevin Perry d. “All Good” Anthony Greene in the first Best of 7 Match.
– The BLT (“The Portuguese Sensation” Ruy Batello & the Lumberjake) d. The Inglorious Dastards to tie things up 1-1, although the NCW Tag Team Championship was not on the line.
– Rocco Abruzzi d. Owen Graichen in another Best of 7 Match.
– Dean Livsley d. “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger with a vicious powerbomb to tie the series.
– NCW Deputy Commissioner Pacifico d. Buddy Romano via submission after locking in his crossface chickenwing, giving Team Dynamite a 3-2 advantage.
– Eddie Loomis d. “Dastardly” Doug Summers in a breakout match, finishing the Commissioner off with a brutal German Suplex and tying the series 3-3 heading into the night’s main event.
– NCW New England Champion Rob “The Giant” Araujo w/ Kepler d. NCW Heavyweight Champion “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas in the final Best of 7 Series Match, giving Dean Livsley one final match against Doug Summers at WrestleFest IX.
Sunday September 29th
Venue: Woonsocket High School
Ring Announcers: John Casey
Referees: Redd Roche, Kevin Quinn, & David Montenaro
– Buddy Romano d. NCW Deputy Commissioner Pacifico with a surprise roll up.
– “All Good” Anthony Greene d. “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy via reverse decision after McCarthy refused to relinquish his submission hold on the 2012 Rookie of the Year.
– NCW Tag Team Champions The Inglorious Dastards w/ Doug Summers d. The Loomis Brothers w/ Dean Livsley after Brandon Behm used the Tag Team Championship belt behind the ref’s back to knock out David Loomis.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn d. “The Minderaser” Mike Graca via submission in a hard-fought back and forth between the two friends.
– The Lumberjake d. Shadow w/ Big Bully Rezner in under a minute after surprising him with a roll up. Following the match Maniacally Twisted began harassing NCW Official Redd Roche, blaming him for a fast count until LBJ made his return to chase off Shadow and Rezner. Jake then challenged them to a tag team match despite Ruy Batello not being in attendance, only to choose Redd as his tag team partner!
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas & Rob “The Giant” Araujo w/ Kepler d. “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas & “Dastardly” Doug Summers in tag team action. Following the match Vegas attacked “RIOT”, laying him and Kepler out as Vegas attempted to work out his phobia over the puppet.
– Redd Wood (Lumberjake & Redd Roche) d. Maniacally Twisted in tag team action after a Rocket Launcher off the top by Roche.
– In the night’s maine event “The Villanovan Warrior” Tomahawk d. “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva with a huge tomahawk chop off the top rope.