@NCWTelevision comes to you courtesy of NPA-TV (Verizon Channel 35/Comcast Channel 8) bringing all the characters, excitement, and action from the NCW ring right to you at home! For episode showings check your local listings at http://www.npatv.org and for those outside the Norwood area keep up to date with episodes here on theNCW.com and at http://www.vimeo.com/channels/NCWtv.
This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks in Norwood, Massachusetts for the 2016 Big City Rumble. It was standing room only at the Elks as this years Rumble featured a multitude of surprises leading to “Sensational” Scott Levesque winning the Rumble and becoming the #1 Contender to the NCW Championship.
Friday night August 26th Northeast Championship Wrestling returns to the Norwood Elks Lodge for the biggest night of the summer when the 2016 Big City Rumble brings the beach to Norwood.
But what’s going down at this years Rumble?
unSTABLE: The Battle for NCW Begins
By Scoops McGinty
Reflecting before the start of Ring of Thrones’ second night in Dedham, Massachusetts two weeks ago Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley talked briefly about the invasion of factions that have seeped into Northeast Championship Wrestling over the last year. “It’s war,” Livsley stated bluntly. “CrossFit came out of nowhere and now everyone’s picking sides. It’s mayhem.”
Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks this past Friday for the first night of the Ring of Thrones singles and tag team tournament.
Friday night June 24th and Saturday night June 25th Northeast Championship Wrestling in conjunction with the Council of Professional Wrestling, Arts, and Sciences presents the NCW Ring of Thrones, a huge two night event featuring 24 men competing in a single elimination tournament as well a tag team elimination tournament.
While some qualified for the Ring of Thrones singles tournament at the 19 Year REUNION in Norwood last month, the council carefully deliberated in the time since looking to fill up the remaining spots in the tournament after consulting with a wide range of experts. After input from Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley, NCW founder JC Marxxx, and various other NCW officials (including President hopeful Rich Bass) the brackets have finally been set for both the singles and tag team tournaments.
Born and raised in the Heights of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, the boy who would one day become Triplelicious learned at an early age that if you wanted something bad enough you’d just have to take it yourself. The truth is that despite his thuggish demeanor, abrasive attitude, and questionable morals “Hispanic” Heriberto Heredia [*] is one of the smartest men in NCW history, and his year long journey to reclaim his place on the NCW throne is about to reach its apex.
Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for the final event of the 2012 wrestling season this past Friday night, WrestleFest VIII! All three championships were on the line in Norwood as well as the 2012 Season Cup. Detailed results are below.
Venue: Norwood Elks Lodge
Ring Announcer: Shane “Sipowicz” Daly
Referees: Redd Roche, “Mr. Clean” Mark Quinn, & Dean “The Beast” Livsley
Security: John “Ballzilla” Balis
Timekeeper: Atlee Greene
Ringside Photography: Mike Sjolin
– In the night’s opener “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger w/ “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed d. “The REFolution” Anthony Greene with his patented sit-out DDT after Alex Creed assisted in distracting Greene.
– Rob the Giant won the NCW 2012 Season Cup, lastly eliminating “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed to win the match. Other participants in this year’s Cup included;
- Joey Rage
- The Shadow w/ Sean Feeney
- Christopher James
- Too Shay
- “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed
– “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople d. “Simply the Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone via submission with the ‘Whammy Bar’ in a hard hitting back and forth match up. An unsportsmanlike West blindsided Sople following the match, laying out the ‘Rockstar Rassler’.
– Eddie Loomis d. David Marxxx-Loomis w/ JC Marxxx with the bicycle kick in a brutal match. Afterward, a dazed David proudly congratulated his younger brother, finally showcasing the intensity needed to be a winner in NCW. Loomis then offered Eddie a partnership, finally ending the sibling rivalry that’s lasted since Eddie’s debut in 2010. JC then offered Eddie membership in Zero Tolerance, only to have David turn his back on his adopted father, putting Marxxx down with his own bicycle kick!
– Santa Claus made a special visit to WrestleFest, wishing all the Norwood fans a very special Happy Holidays. Before Santa could pass out some gifts to the NCW fans he was rudely interrupted by Christopher James, who was still upset over losing the 2012 Season Cup. After stomping on Santa’s presents and letting everyone know that Christmas was canceled, a furious Santa delivered a vicious chokeslam on Uncle Joe’s favorite wrestler.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas w/ Kepler Thomas d. Scotty “By GOD” Vegas after Kepler helped Thomas score the win (Vegas also tried to bring in Buoy Ratello into the match to no avail allowing Kepler to retaliate). Following the match a frustrated and dejected Vegas quit NCW, Norwood, and the entire wrestling business before walking out the front door with a box of pizza.
– Kevin Perry w/ Rob the Giant d. “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva in a Lumberjack Match to win the NCW New England Championship, ending Paiva’s three year reign as champion. With Dean “The Beast” Livsley acting a special guest enforcer and the NCW locker room out in support, Perry pinned “The Original Showoff” with a decisive German Suplex.
– NCW Tag Team Champions the BLT (Ruy Batello & the Lumberjake) d. The Super Rad and Pacifico & Big Bully Rezner to retain the NCW Tag Team Championship after the Lumberjake pinned Doug Summers with the 3C. Following Pacifico & Rezner’s elimination from the match, “Dynamite” Doug attempted to use his trusty wrench to eliminate the BLT after slipping out of the attempted 3C. “The Turtle” would have none of it however, furious that Doug would once again try to use a weapon on their opponents. The distraction would allow Jake to finish off Summers to retain the titles after Steve was knocked into his partner.
– Summers took the microphone following the match and talked about the past year with his tag team partner, and his attempts to become NCW’s first Triple Crown Champion. Eerily calm, Doug then told Steve that he could only look after himself and that Weiner’s services would no longer be needed as he provided a swift kick to the nether regions on “The Turtle”. Doug then used a steel chair on his former partner, and prepared to lay waste to Weiner before Batello & Lumberjake returned to chase Summers off.
– In the Main Event of the evening, “The Juice” JT Dunn defeated Buddy Romano in an I Quit Match to win his second NCW Heavyweight Championship after Romano quit to Dunn’s ‘lion tamer’. This match saw both men beat the holy hell out of each other, brawling all over the Elks Lodge. The match also saw referee Redd Roche get inadvertently knocked out by a wayward JT Dunn elbow, Mike Paiva show up to try and help his Zero Tolerance cohort, and JC Marxxx being forced to watch his man quit while being held back by Commissioner Livsley, and ending JC’s NCW career.
Northeast Championship Wrestling will return for its 2013 wrestling season on Friday night February 22nd when NCW returns to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for COLLISION COURSE.
All three major championships will be on the line at WrestleFest, in addition to the 2012 Season Cup Match. While the night’s Main Event will feature Buddy Romano defending the Heavyweight Championship against former Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn in an I Quit Match, the reigning New England Champion “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva will put his title on the line against “The Insider” Kevin Perry in a Lumberjack Match.
The Loomis Brothers will collide in another WrestleFest classic, this time with Eddie’s pride on the line as he attempts to prove himself against his older brother David. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas goes against his rival Scotty “By GOD” Vegas in an expected war while the BLT look to retain their Tag Team Titles in their toughest challenge to date.
The Norwood Elks Lodge is located at 150 Winslow Avenue in Norwood, MA directly off of Rt. 1A. Doors open for this event at 7pm with a 7:30pm bell time. Tickets are only $10 for adults and $5 for all kids twelve and under.
On November 30th the careers of Buddy Romano and JT Dunn will collide one final time when both men step into the ring at WrestleFest VIII to battle for the NCW Heavyweight Championship, this time in an I Quit Match. After winning the vacant NCW title in the REUNION Championship Tournament Dunn’s reign as champion lasted of all of a month when JC Marxxx and Zero Tolerance ensured that Romano regained the title by any means necessary in their West Warwick Street Fight at NCW Spring Slam. Since then Buddy has kept a stranglehold on the championship, holding back challenges from “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, Steve “The Turtle” Weiner, and even his own Zero Tolerance partner David Marxxx-Loomis while ducking “The Juice” at every turn.
Dunn would not be denied however, winning his final championship opportunity at TOTAL ELIMINATION, winning three matches in one night en route to becoming the #1 contender for Romano’s title at WrestleFest. At the Final Countdown in Foxboro, JC Marxxx accepted Dunn’s challenge for the I Quit Match at WrestleFest, truly believing Romano could defeat “The Juice” in Norwood. Confident in his client’s abilities Marxxx then put his own career on the line, placing all his odds on the NCW Heavyweight Champion in Norwood.
Watch on Youtube!
1,231. One thousand two hundred and thirty one days. Over three years as the NCW New England Champion. Mike Paiva has had an unprecedented reign as champion, but on November 30th all the running, hiding, cheating, and manipulating could finally come to an end when “The Original Showoff” defends the New England title against “The Insider” Kevin Perry in a Lumberjack Match with Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley stepping into the ring as the special guest enforcer.
No matter what happens in the end Livsley proved that he was smarter than anyone gave him credit for when he orchestrated Kevin Perry to become a mole inside Zero Tolerance, at the expense of his friends, family, and fans. Working as Mike Paiva’s protege for an entire year, Kevin learned all of Paiva’s tricks without “The Original Showoff” ever realizing his own imminent downfall. When the other foot dropped at TOTAL ELIMINATION, the house of cards that Zero Tolerance had built since their return in 2011, perhaps setting the stage for Mike Paiva’s final night as champion.
While it has been Doug Summers quest to become NCW’s first Triple Crown Champion and win the Tag Team Titles with his best bud Steve “The Turtle” Weiner, the former Heavyweight Champion was crushed to see Ruy Batello & the Lumberjake win the vacant titles at NO FEAR after nearly walking away with the belts himself. Doug’s obsession with becoming Tag Team Champion has seen a decay in his moral compass, willing to take short cuts he avoided in the past while using Steve to his advantage in any way. The team of Pacifico & Big Bully Rezner has seen these two psychopaths struggle to maintain dominance, using bullying and backstabbing to make their mark on the tag team division this Season. At WrestleFest the Big Lovable Team will defend the NCW Tag Team Titles in their toughest challenge yet when “The Portuguese Sensation” & the 2011 Rookie of the Year go up against both The Super Rad AND Pacifico and Rezner.
Watch on YouTube!
Since joining NCW in 2005 the amateur standout David Loomis has always lived by one motto. Winning. Aligning himself with his adopted father JC Marxxx, winning two NCW Heavyweight Titles, retiring Dean “The Beast” Livsley from the ring, these are the accomplishments of a winner. And while David has always been at odds with his youngest brother Eddie since Eddie’s debut in 2010, a tinge of family pride deep within David has yearned for Eddie to step up his game and become more than a fan favorite to the NCW faithful.
After being forced into a tag team match with each other at TOTAL ELIMINATION, which saw Eddie fall victim to a Ruy Batello splash, the elder Loomis has become incensed with disappointment, challenging his little brother to fight him one more time or hang up his boots for good. Can he do it? Can he win?
Watch on YouTube!
“The Maniacal” Jack Krueger w/ Alex Creed vs. Anthony Greene
When “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger eliminated Cenobite from NCW at the 15 year REUNION, the deranged one believed a new era was dawning upon NCW with him at the top of the mountain. Recruiting “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed to join him, it was “The Juice” JT Dunn and an NCW referee named Anthony Greene that tore it all down for Krueger, sending him back to reality and forcing him to once again face his demons.
After losing a tag team match to Dunn & Greene at NCW FALLOUT, a frustrated Jack Krueger took fate into his own hands once again when he brutally attacked AG with a chair, causing himself to serve out a 30 day suspension. At WrestleFest Krueger looks to regain his lost power when he goes one on one with Greene this Friday night in Norwood.
Watch it on YouTube!
“RIOT” Kellan Thomas vs. Scotty “By GOD” Vegas
Don’t get between a man and his puppet. After “RIOT” eliminated both himself and Scotty Vegas in 2012 Big City Rumble this past August, a perturbed Vegas took his frustrations out on Kellan’s good “pal” “RIOT” Kepler Thomas, the lovable puppet Thomas brings with him to ringside. Things only intensified when Scotty eliminated “RIOT” from the Total Elimination Finals in Norwood last month, setting the stage for their one on one encounter November 30th at WrestleFest.
“Simply the Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone vs. Todd Sople
This Season has seen “Simply the Best” GA West struggle to reach the top of the NCW mountain, coming so close but never reaching the breaking point. Since nearly winning the 2012 Big City Rumble West has found himself at a loss, looking for anything to get him back on track and back into title contention. At WrestleFest West will go up against the former NCW Tag Team Champion Todd Sople, another individual who finds himself at a crossroads after his tag team partner Gunar Rowe left the promotion due to injury, forcing Sople to forfeit the Tag Team Titles.
-NCW 2012 Season Cup Match-
“The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed vs. Rob the Giant vs. Christopher James vs. Joey Rage vs. Too Shay
The Season Cup has always been a breakthrough match for many of the young up and comers of Northeast Championship Wrestling to make an impact and establish themselves as a force to be reckoned with for the upcoming year. It’s also been a place where some of NCW’s most popular fan favorites have come to stake their claim as NCW’s best of the best. This Friday night in Norwood a mix of both will enter the elimination match with one goal in mind– victory.
Card Subject to Change
With just under two weeks until November 30th in Norwood MA we see the stakes being raised on many of the marquee matches for this epic event at WrestleFest.
– JC Marxxx accepts JT Dunn’s challenge for an I Quit Match at WrestleFest, adding another wrinkle to the match!
– A look back at the inside job with “The Insider” Kevin Perry and his “mentor” Mike Paiva that’s developed over the last year.
– Highlights of The Super Rad versus the BLT from their Tag Team Title match at the Final Countdown!
– The NCW locker room stages an intervention with Steve “The Turtle” Weiner!
– Words w/ Scotty “By GOD” Vegas,
– The NCW WrestleFest VIII Hype Video!