This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks for our annual Halloween event NO FEAR, featuring the spin the wheel, make a deal roulette wheel. In the night’s Main Event NCW Heavyweight Champion “RIOT” Kellan Thomas faced off with “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas with Vegas earning a spot into the WrestleFest X championship match. A BIG thanks goes out to our sponsor for the evening Papa Gino’s (located at 142 Nahatan Street in Norwood) for helping us spread the word and bring us into the Norwood community.
For exclusive photos from NO FEAR please visit “Picture” Dave Rodrigues’ album here.
Venue: Norwood Elks Lodge
Ring Announcer: Shane Daly
Commentators: “Toxic” Tom Warren & Tim Kilgore
Referees: Redd Roche, Dan Tanaka, Mike Dubie, & David Montenaro
Security: John Balis
Ringside Photography: Dave Rodrigues
Video: Juan Acevedo
– In the NCW Costume Battle Royal “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva won the match dressed up as Tigger. Other notable entries included Rob “The Baby” Araujo, Anthony Greene the referee, Tim Lennox as Dan Terry, Dan Terry as Tim Lennox, Buddy “Prince” Romano, Winnie “The Turtle” Pooh, and a vengeful Santa Claus who went after his nemesis “Black Magic” Sean Feeney.
– In a Spin the Wheel, Choose Your Opponent match NCW New England Champion Rob “The Giant” Araujo d. Buddy Romano.
– “Dastardly” Doug Summers w/ Ashley Vox d. Christian Casanova with the ‘Beautiful Disaster’. Following the match Summers got on the microphone, letting Pacifico know he was no longer afraid of him. After telling him that NCW was no longer big enough for the two of them, an incensed Pacifico forced his way to ringside while Dean “The Beast” Livsley and officials attempted to keep him at bay. Livsley then allowed Pacifico and Summers to brawl it out, but after a stalemate Pacifico opted to challenge Summers to one final fight November 28th at WrestleFest. But it wouldn’t be any match, it would be the Boston Massacre, Pacifico’s match of choice. Offering to put his career up against Summers, Ashley Vox was quick to agree on Doug’s behalf.
– The Lumberjake d. “Royalty” William King in what became a Street Fight, but was originally a Duchess of Queensbury Rules Match. During the second fall of the British-style grappling match, King paid off ring announcer Daly to change the stipulations to a Street Fight giving him a chance to work over Lumberjake’s injured shoulder. In the end Lumberjake picked up the huge win with a vicious chokeslam.
– Triplelicious d. “The Native American” Tomahawk.
– In a Spin the Wheel 2 out of 3 Falls Match the NCW Tag Team Champions the Underground Anarchy (“Slamdance” Tim Lennox & “Bam” Brandon Behm) w/ Sean Feeney d, the Loomis Brothers two falls to one after the Anarchy once again used the Tag Team title.
– During intermission, “Ruthless” Ruy Batello and Steve “The Turtle” Weiner spun the wheel, with their scheduled match becoming a Pillow Fight.
– The Heavy Hitters (Frank Champion & Shay Cash) d. Cross Fit (“Pretty Boy” Derek Andrews & “Fitness Man” Dan Terry).
– “Ruthless” Ruy Batello d. Steve “The Turtle” Weiner in their Pillow Fight after Ruy revealed he had a cookie sheet hidden in his pillow, immediately knocking Weiner out. Mike Paiva then attempted to make the save, but ended up on the receiving end of a brutal ‘Portuguese Drop’ on “The Original Showoff”.
– “Simply God’s Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone d. “All Good” Anthony Greene in a great back and forth match.
– “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas d. NCW Champion “RIOT” Kellan Thomas in a Falls Count Anywhere Street Fight following a brutal senton bomb onto a helpless Thomas who was tied to the ring by duct tape. With the victory guaranteeing Scotty Vegas a spot in the Championship Scramble at WrestleFest, all four men closed the evening with a standoff in the middle of the Norwood Elks Lodge.
2 thoughts on “Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal: NCW NO FEAR Results”
I did not take a bribe from William King.
Video says different Shane Daly, but since the referee didn’t throw out the match, I guess you’re in the clear.