Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks this past Friday for the first night of the Ring of Thrones singles and tag team tournament.
Friday night June 24th and Saturday night June 25th Northeast Championship Wrestling in conjunction with the Council of Professional Wrestling, Arts, and Sciences presents the NCW Ring of Thrones, a huge two night event featuring 24 men competing in a single elimination tournament as well a tag team elimination tournament.
While some qualified for the Ring of Thrones singles tournament at the 19 Year REUNION in Norwood last month, the council carefully deliberated in the time since looking to fill up the remaining spots in the tournament after consulting with a wide range of experts. After input from Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley, NCW founder JC Marxxx, and various other NCW officials (including President hopeful Rich Bass) the brackets have finally been set for both the singles and tag team tournaments.
@NCWTelevision comes to you courtesy of NPA-TV (Verizon Channel 35/Comcast Channel 8) bringing all the characters, excitement, and action from the NCW ring right to you at home! For episode showings check your local listings at http://www.npatv.org and for those outside the Norwood area keep up to date with episodes here on theNCW.com and at http://www.vimeo.com/channels/NCWtv.
It was at the 2015 Big City Rumble this past August when a mysterious Masked Man came out of nowhere during the Ladder Match between NCW Champion “RIOT” Kellan Thomas and Triplelicious, shoving Thomas off the ladder seconds before retrieving the NCW Heavyweight Championship belt. In the moment many believed that it was just another enforcer working for Triplelicious, but it was soon apparent that this agent of chaos had singled out Kellan for other reasons, costing Thomas the Championship the following month at NCW FALLOUT against “Ruthless” Ruy Batello.
At WrestleFest XI “RIOT” finally gets The Masked Man one on one and face to face, but the question still remains… Who is he?
Following his victory over “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas at NCW WrestleFest IX, the new NCW Champion “RIOT” Kellan Thomas and his pal Kepler decided it would be good to celebrate in style by bringing the NCW Heavyweight Championship to Florida for a few days to catch some rays, reunite with old friends, and finally clean that damn puppet up.
On Friday night, April 27th Northeast Championship Wrestling celebrated its 15 year REUNION from the Jacob Jones VFW Post in Dedham, MA. It was a historic night in Dedham with two new Champions being crowned, two men wrestling their final matches, and a few surprises and debuts sprinkled in.
For pictures of this event, please check out Picture Dave Rodrigues’ exclusive album at http://public.fotki.com/francise33/ncw/15-year-reunion/
Venue: Jacob Jones VFW Post
Ring Announcers: Shane “Sipowicz” Daly & “Revolution” Chris Venom
Commentators: Jim Aches & “Sinista1” Keith Hayes
Referees: Dan Tanaka, Anthony Greene, & Redd Roche
– Before the action started Shane Daly welcomed back the two time former NCW Champion “Revolution” Chris Venom, who was the special guest ring announcer for the featured bouts at REUNION.
– In the night’s opener, Triplelicious d. “Dynamite” Doug Summers after hitting him with an ‘H-Cube’ out of nowhere. The Dedham crowd was split 50/50 for the two former Heavyweight Champions, which seemed to irritate “Dynamite” Doug. Following the match Summers snatched a ‘Doug Summers’ sign that a fan had made in the crowd, cradling it to the back.
– David Marxxx-Loomis came out to the ring, with a confused JC Marxxx following right behind him. Before JC could find out what was going on, Davey called Dean “The Beast” Livsley out to ringside. Hungry for another opportunity, Loomis asked Livsley for a title match against the winner of Buddy Romano vs. JT Dunn. An angry JC interjected however, stating that Davey lost his shot against JT in Foxboro, and this needed to be about Zero Tolerance and Buddy Romano. Davey didn’t care however, prompting JC to walk out on his son, telling him that he needed to go focus on Romano. Davey asked Dean again, and the NCW Commissioner agreed that he deserved another shot at the NCW Championship. Before they could continue however they were interrupted by Doc Ozone, who had his new charge Mark Moment by his side. Ozone was still fuming over Davey’s shenanigans in Foxboro, and challenged Loomis to a match with Moment. Davey agreed, with Dean calling out referee Dan Tanaka.
– David Marxxx-Loomis d. Mark Moment w/ Doc Ozone.
– In tag team action, Infliction (“The Extreme Strongman” Gino Martino & BA Tatum) d. the team of Alex Creed & Hunter Ward.
– NCW New England Champion “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva w/ Kevin Cordeiro d. The Lumberjake to retain the New England Championship, after Lumberjake got caught in a ‘sleazeball special’ onto the New England Title.
– Eddie Loomis d. “Simply the Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone in a great back and forth.
– “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger d. “The Monster” Cenobite in a No Holds Barred Match, which also turned out to be a Loser Leaves Town Match after “The Monster” challenged Krueger before the match to the added stipulation. Both men destroyed each other, but in the end “The Maniacal One” picked up the biggest win of his young career. After the match, Cenobite unmasked, said a few words to the Dedham fans and to Krueger, and finally released the demons that had consumed Mike Volpe for the last 7 years.
– In the Scotty Vegas Muttonchops Challenge “The Barrington Bulldozer” John Munroe d. Scotty “By GOD” Vegas, seemingly ending the challenge once and for all. Unfortunately Munroe continued the assault following the match, leading to Dan Tanaka reversing the decision and disqualifying Munroe.
– The Granite State Wrecking Crew (“The Unequaled One” Todd Sople & Gunar Rowe) d. Destruction Under Impact (“RIOT” Kellan Thomas & “Impact” William Thorne), Ruination SLAM (“Dynamic” Jon Thornhill & “The Portuguese Sensation” Ruy Batello) and Richard Pacifico & Big Bully Rezner in the NCW Tag Team Invitational to win the NCW Tag Team Championship after Gunar Rowe forced William Thorne to tap out.
– In the Submissions Match, Rob the Giant d. his former tag team partner “Cocky” Kevin Cordeiro after Mike Paiva inadvertently distracted his protege and allowing Giant to force Cordeiro to tap.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn d. Buddy Romano w/ JC Marxxx in the Finals of the NCW Heavyweight Title Tournament, winning the NCW Championship after a vicious bicycle kick to Buddy’s skull. During the match JT Dunn accidentally super-kicked referee Anthony Greene from the ring, forcing Redd Roche to replace him in the closing moments of the match. Commissioner Livsley also interjected himself, removing JC Marxxx from ringside and allowing things to remain one on one.
– Following the match Amber showed up to celebrate the win with JT, surprising Dunn before he said a few words to the supportive Dedham fans.