This past Friday Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to our home at the Jacob Jones VFW Post for NCW FACE/OFF headlined by NCW Heavyweight Champion Todd Harris defending the NCW Title against “Foxy” Calvin Campbell w/ Doc Ozone. A huge thanks to all our fans who came out and supported us for another great night of NCW action.
Ring Announcer: Shane Daly
Commentators: Atlee Greene & Derek Simonetti
Referees: Redd Roche, Rob Greer, & Rob Teutel
Ringside Photography: Phillip Kelly
Photos courtesy of @MashupWrestling.
– “Insane” Dick Lane w/ Delilah Hayden defeated “Undead” Tim Davidson w/ Dallas McCarthy and Dr. Cobblepot in the night’s opener.
Channing Thomas came out to the ring, bragging about taking down “Royalty” Ruy Batello and turning his back on him and Ruy’s Royal Court. Thomas then challenged anyone from Ruy’s Court to face him one on one.
– Channing Thomas d. Cicero the Court Jester in dominant fashion, but the 2017 Breakout Star of the Year continued to berate the fans and the wrestlers int he back, until Lumberjake arrived on scene to deliver a chokeslam receipt to the forever Timmy Thunder.
– The Lumberjake defeated Perry Von Vicious in a hard hitting back and forth, as the two time former NCW Champion was able to score the victory over the returning PVV.
– Frank the Crank d. “Slamdance” Tim Lennox via Disqualification when the remnants of The Underground Anarchy interfered, leading to Dick Lane and his Legion of Dick to come out and make the save. Lane then recruited Crank to his Ultimate Elimination team October 12th in Dedham.
– The Middlesex Express (Steven Lust & Steven Broad) became the #1 Contenders when they defeated CrossFit in the Tag Team Challenge. The Little Giants (Rob “The Giant” Araujo & Bullet Grinvalsky) were eliminated first after The Middlesex stole the pin from The MSP. CrossFit (Dan Terry & Vern Vicallo) then eliminated The Maine State Posse (DangerKid & Alexander Lee) in a surprise upset, leading to the MSP returning the favor and attacking CrossFit to allow Lust & Broad to steal another win and earn a title shot against The Kool People at WrestleFest XIV).
– “The Ace” Mike Montero d. “The Native American” Tomahawk to win the NCW New England Championship, leveraging assistance from his ‘influential’ family (Jason Devine & Ricky Mederios) to give him the edge over Tomahawk and win his first NCW title.
– In a fantastic rematch from NCW FALLOUT “Retro” Anthony Greene defeated “Revolution” Chris Venom. While AG continued to be the aggressor in this battle of respect, in the end both AG and Venom gave each other a showing of mutual respect as the ‘Back to Reality Tour’ rolled on.
– “Sensational” Scott Levesque & “The Heavy Hitter” Shay Cash d. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas & “The Dan Ram” Danny Ramirez when Levesque pinned Thomas following interference from Kevin Castro while Ramirez and Cash continued their war brawling through the curtain to the back.
Following the match Castro informed the Dedham crowd that he had become obsessed with the rules over the last few months, and especially how those conspired to screw with his old friend Scott Levesque. Castro decided to come to NCW to help Levesque, using the rules to their advantage. Castro promised to bring Levesque back to past glory in NCW.
– Ava Everett d. Sierra in singles action, as Sierra attempted to split The Platinum Hunnies up and conquer Everett all by herself. In the end Sierra became too cocky in her mission, giving Ava an opportunity to pick up the win. Following the match Ava tried to show some love to Sierra, only to have Sierra blindside Everett.
– NCW Heavyweight Champion Todd Harris defeated “Foxy” Calvin Campbell w/ Doc Ozone to retain the NCW Championship after Channing Thomas counted the three count (and an interfering Sierra low blowed Campbell) as referee Redd Roche was knocked out cold. NCW President Dean “The Beast” Livsley attempted to restart the match, but Kevin Castro returned to ringside, pointing out that Channing Thomas still had his referee’s license from WrestleFest XIII when he refereed Vern Vicallo vs. Dan Terry, giving him the authority to count the victory for Harris.