Wrestling is here…Ring of Thrones style. The sophomore edition of NCW’s summer time tradition enters the Jacob Jones VFW Post in Dedham, Massachusetts for two great nights of pro wrestling action on Friday, July 28th and Saturday, July 29th.
In the wake of the championship committee’s recent vote of no confidence against NCW President Dean “The Beast” Livsley, two grueling tournaments will decide the fate of the wrestlers who make up the NCW roster. Let’s look at the singles tournament brackets
The Singles Tournament
Eight wrestlers, two nights, one winner. Last year’s victor, “Riot” Kellan Thomas, returned to the glory of his winning ways here in Northeast Championship Wrestling. This year’s field of competitors will look to draw from Thomas’ example of yore.
- “The Punjabi Lion” Robo: If you were to judge a book by its cover, Robo would be the odds on favorite to go all the way. He certainly has all the tools to get the job done but inexperience might play a factor. He’s about one or two victories away from breaking out from the pack here in NCW. Three wins will make him the Ring of Thrones winner.
2, “Old School Cool” Corey Michael: “Old School Cool” loves to have fun and the fans love him for it. His up and down record has prevented him from getting into the championship discussion. However, Michael’s recent victory over former 2x NCW Heavyweight Champion, “Royalty” Ruy Batello has opened a lot of eyes, making him the dark horse pick to win it all.
3. “The Mind Eraser” Mike Graca: “High Class” Rich Bass is going all in on “The Mind Eraser” in this tournament. Graca’s destructive turmoil in the squared circle represents the underbelly of carnage caused by the Bass lead Uprising. If Graca isn’t the favorite going into Ring of Thrones, he’s certainly the most dangerous.
4. Tomahawk: The Native American Warrior is always eager to chop down the competition in NCW. He’s is tough as nails and won’t back down from anyone. I believe that this year’s Ring of Thrones gives Tomahawk his best opportunity to earn some championship accolades.
5. “The Ace” Mike Montero: The man who called himself “The New Showoff” has done a fantastic job of transitioning from tag team to singles wrestling. His feud with “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva is turning into one of the more bitter affairs we’ve seen in some time. Montero wants to avenge his loss to Rob Araujo from last month’s Aftermath event. He will get his chance in the first round to do just that.
6. Rob “The Giant” Araujo: “The Giant” is a staple of NCW. People always want to count him out despite his championship resume. Araujo pinned Montero, last month, which garnered rave reviews on NCW Television. The same old story of people counting out Araujo has fallen on deaf ears as he’s something of an artist when it comes to proving people wrong.
7. “Royalty” Ruy Batello: If there was any person who would be the perfect fit to emerge as the Ring of Thrones winner, the royal decree of Portuguese royalty has already laid claim to victory. In fact, the prize money from winning the tag team tournament at last year’s Ring of Thrones that allowed the multi-time champion to connect with his Portuguese heritage. This year, however, Batello is all about one throne to rule them all.
8. Osirus: The three-time NCW New England Champion is the odds on favorite to win the Ring of Thrones tournament. His innovative and diverse offense knows no limits as his opponents have difficulty adjusting throughout the match. Osirus wants back in the championship picture in the worst way. He first has to dethrone the royal onslaught of Ruy Batello to claim the throne.
Make sure you don’t miss a second of the action beginning on Friday, July 28th followed by Saturday, July 29th at the Jacob Jones VFW Post (84 Eastern Ave) in Dedham, MA.
Doors open at 7:00 pm with a 7:30 pm bell time on both nights. Tickets are $10.00 for Adults and $5.00 for Kids twelve and under for each night.
Combo packages available for both nights $15 for adults and $8 for kids twelve and under.