This past Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling concluded its 2013 wrestling season at the Norwood Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA with WrestleFest 9.1 after our scheduled December event was postponed due to snow.
WOONSOCKET– Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2013 season continues with a huge benefit event at Woonsocket High School [777 Cass Avenue] on Sunday afternoon September 29th for NCW FALLOUT! Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
With proceeds benefiting Woonsocket Middle School students, NCW makes its first appearance in Woonsocket with a bang when the reigning NCW Heavyweight Champion “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas steps into the ring September 29th taking on his WrestleFest IX opponent “RIOT” Kellan Thomas. Back on September 6th Thomas eliminated Mike McCarthy to win the 2013 Big City Rumble, becoming the #1 contender for the Heavyweight Championship and guaranteeing him a title match December 14th at WrestleFest. Before that however, the cocky and impetuous Vegas has challenged “RIOT” to a match September 29th as NCW’s first triple crown winner looks to continue to build momentum toward the finale of the NCW Season.
NORWOOD– On Friday night August 2nd Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2013 wrestling season continues when we make our return to the Elks Lodge [152 Winslow Avenue] in Norwood, MA when Commissioner Doug Summers presents Summers Slam! Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
On August 2nd the fans in Norwood will have the rare opportunity to decide who will wrestle the NCW Heavyweight Champion at Summers Slam when the fans in attendance will choose the opponent for “The Maine Event” Scotty Vegas for the NCW title. The three competitors eligible for voting are the two time former Heavyweight Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn, the reigning NCW New England Champion “Simply God’s Best” GA West, and the ever popular “RIOT” Kellan Thomas who will of course have the trusty puppet Kepler by his side. Whoever the fans choose, Vegas has stated that he is ready and waiting to dominate the competition as NCW’s first ever Triple Crown Champion.
The “benevolent” and “gracious” NCW Commissioner Emperor “Dastardly” Doug Summers, having the nerve to name the event after himself, has set up a coup August 2nd pitting himself against the wilderness warrior Lumberjake while also setting up his Inglorious Dastards (“Terrible” Tony Caruso & “The Beast” Brandon Behm) with a Tag Team Championship Match against the NCW Tag Team Champions David & Eddie Loomis. Can Summers and the Inglorious Dastards secure a clean sweep when NCW returns to Norwood? Not if the former Commissioner Dean Livsley has anything to say about it as he positions himself against the man who screwed him out of his job as NCW’s sheriff.
Also appearing in Norwood will be the NCW 2012 Rookie of the Year “All Good” Anthony Greene taking on “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva in a Last Man Standing Match, “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger and Maniacally Twisted, Steve “The Turtle” Weiner, Rob “The Giant” Araujo, the debuting Tomahawk and many more!
The Norwood Elks Lodge is located at 152 Winslow Avenue in Norwood, MA just minutes away from downtown off Rt. 1A [Washington Street]. Doors open at 7pm with a 7:30 bell time. Tickets for this event will be available at the door with $10 for adults and $5 for kids twelve and under. As always card is subject to change. For more information on Northeast Championship Wrestling be sure to visit us online at http://theNCW.com, follow us on Twitter @theNCWtweets, or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling.
Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Bristol VFW Post after an eleven year absence this past Saturday night for NCW’s Red, White, & Bruised. A big thanks to the VFW, Lou Francis, and their support as we look forward to returning to Bristol in October.
– “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople d. Kevin Perry with the ‘whammy bar’ in a hard-hitting back and forth match up. The former New England Champion showed a surprising mean streak in the match, showing his frustration with losing his New England title back in April.
– The Legion of Green(e) (“All Good” Anthony Greene & Steve “The Turtle” Weiner) d. Maniacally Twisted (“The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed & the Shadow) w/ Sean Feeney in tag team action. Following the match “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva arrived out of nowhere, delivering a vicious piledriver to Greene.
– The former NCW Commissioner Dean Livsley came out to the ring, calling out “Dastardly” Doug Summers. Since getting screwed out of his job at NCW’s 16 year REUNION, Dean has remained quiet. But after seeing all the chaos over the last three months it’s time for him to take a stand. Summers finally responded along with his Inglorious Dastards, stating that NCW has never been better with him at the helm. However, if Dean really wanted to get a piece of him he would first have to go through “Terrible” Tony Caruso & “The Beast” Brandon Behm in a gauntlet match and then, and only then would he get the opportunity to wrestle Doug Summers if he survived the onslaught of the Dastards.
– Buddy Romano d. Rocco Abruzzi with a DDT, as Abruzzi attempted to take the bounty put forth on Buddy Romano’s head. Following the match Romano was attacked by Pacifico, who laid the former NCW Champion out with a crossface chickenwing incapacitating him.
– Rob “The Giant” Araujo d. “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger w/ Sean Feeney.
– “Dastardly” Doug Summers d. Dean Livsley in the Inglorious Gauntlet, after “Terrible” Tony Caruso and “The Beast” Brandon Behm intentionally disqaulified themselves from the match in an effort to punish the former Commissioner. After a valiant comeback, Livsley fell victim to another ‘Beautiful Disaster’ from Summers.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn (w/ Mike Graca, recovering from a concussion) came to the ring for his New England Championship Match against “Simply God’s Best” GA West, only to be interrupted by Doc Ozone along with his flunkie Nick Varsity (Vic Victory). Doc O stated that Dunn didn’t deserve to wrestle the New England Champion yet, and instead handpicked Dunn’s opponent for the night– “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy!
– “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy w/ Doc Ozone d. “The Juice” JT Dunn w/ Mike Graca after Ozone and his flunkie Nick Varsity distracted the two time former NCW Heavyweight Champion.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas w/ Kepler d. “Deathproof” Aaron Epic in a great back and forth.
– NCW Tag Team Champions the Loomis Brothers d. the BLT to retain the NCW Tag Team Championship after David Loomis nailed the Lumberjake with a bicycle kick. Following the match “Dastardly” Doug Summers and his crew of sympathizers arrived on scene, attacking David & Eddie Loomis until Dean Livsley and the BLT returned to even the odds against Summers and his crew. Begrudingly, the Loomis Brothers and BLT shook hands following the match.