Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks this past Friday night for NCW OktoberFest, hosted by Presidential Candidate Beau Douglas.
Ring Announcers: Shane Daly and Dallas McCarthy
Commentators: Atlee Greene & Derek Simonetti
Referees: Redd Roche, Rob Greer, & Rob Tuttle
Ringside Photography: Dave Rodrigues & Nico Villaro
View all of Picture Dave’s OktoberFest photos here at SmugMug.
Before the event began Beau Douglas forced up and comer Nico Villaro to film the event, telling him he would need to work his way up the card.
“Insane” Dick Lane came out to the ring solo after telling Delilah Hayden and Steve “The Turtle” Weiner to stay away. Worried for their safety after attacks from The High Class Cartel, Lane mentioned that it was the anniversary of the longest match in NCW history, but before he could continue he was interrupted by “All Good” Anthony Greene and Ashley Mason, making their first NCW appearance since Ring of Thrones in June. AG seemed to be playing nice with Lane, only to slap him in the face.
– “Insane” Dick Lane defeated “All Good” Anthony Greene w/ Ashley Mason in a huge upset for “The Meta-Human Super-Villain”. Following the match AG and Mason nearly came to blows, but were able to work things out.
– The Heavy Hitters (Frank Champion & Shay Cash) defeated Todd Harris & JP O’Reilly to win the tag team gauntlet match and become the #1 contenders for the NCW Tag Team Championship at WrestleFest XII.
- The Halftime Show (Mike Paiva & Rob “The Giant” Araujo) d. The Underground Anarchy (“Death Proof” Tim Davidson & Ike).
- The High Class Cartel (DJ AC and Sammy Deleon) w/ Rich Bass d. The Halftime Show.
- The High Class Cartel w/ Rich Bass d. “Wild Thing” Bryce Clayton & Frank the Crank after Triplelicious interfered in the match.
- The Heavy Hitters d. The High Class Cartel.
- The Heavy Hitters defeated The Maine State Posse (Aggro & DangerKid).
- The Heavy Hitters def Todd Harris & JP O’Reilly after Harris attempted to buy the match from Champion and Cash.
– In the Pick Your Poison Challenge Ace Romero d. “The Selfie-Made Man” Vern Vicallo in a hard hitting back and forth battle.
– Rich Bass’ hired gun Triplelicious and “The Dan Ram” Danny Ramirez went to a No Contest when The Kool People interfered, attacking “Dan Ram” and preventing him from working his way through The Cartel and to “Sensational” Scott Levesque. The Cartel continued their assault on Ramirez until Bryce Clayton and Frank returned to run Trip and Co. off from the ring.
– “Old School Cool” Cory Michael def Tyler Nitro with a spiked DDT in a huge upset to win the Four Corners Elimination Match.
ORDER OF ELIMINATION;
- Tyler Nitro d. “Foxy” Calvin Campbell after all three man ganged up on Campbell.
- Cory Michael d. “The Ace” Mike Montero after preventing Nitro from getting pinned by Montero.
- Cory Michael d. Tyler Nitro.
– “Slamdance” Tim Lennox defeated Osirus to win the NCW New England Championship after hitting a devastating tombstone piledriver on Osirus. During the match referee Rob Tuttle was knocked out by Tim Lennox, and rather than getting disqualified Beau Douglas decided to leave ringside to get another official. With Douglas gone and the ref out, Rich Bass and The Kool People returned to the ring, attacking Osirus and laying him out with a brutal double team. Once they left ringside, Douglas conveniently returned with referee Redd Roche, forcing him to officiate the remainder of the ‘match.’
With the fans screaming at Beau Douglas for allowing the New England Championship to change hands under such dubious circumstances, an irate Douglas then kicked Shane Daly off the rest of the show, bringing back ‘the future voice of New England’ Dallas McCarthy to announce the remainder of the event.
– In the second Pick Your Poison Challenge “RIOT” Kellan Thomas def Brick Mastone w/ Vern Vicallo after Mastone accidentally speared Vicallo, allowing Thomas to roll Mastone up for the three count. Afterward Vern and Brick laid out “RIOT”, insultingly taking a selfie with the former NCW Champion.
– NCW Tag Team Champions CrossFit (“The Fittest Man” Dan Terry and “The Prettiest Man” Derek Andrews) d. The Aristocrats (Tomahawk & Zachary Pierre Beaulieu) to retain the NCW Tag Team Titles after a dirty low blow from Terry onto Tomahawk.
– “Sensational” Scott Levesque defeated the NCW Heavyweight Champion Lumberjake to seemingly win the NCW Title, only to reveal that he didn’t pin Jake at all but rather a doppelganger dressed up as the Champion. Jake returned from the back with his hands tied, and the Lumberfake hightailed it out of the ring while a recovered Redd Roche got his glasses back on and saw who the real Jake was. Roche restarted the match, and Jake was able to chokeslam Levesque to win the match proper and retain his NCW Championship.
Following the chaos of the NCW Championship Match Beau Douglas and Rich Bass nearly came to blows, with tensions running high into NCW NO FEAR October 28th in Dedham, MA.