Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks this past Friday night for the Friday Night Fights featuring “All Good” Anthony Greene battling “RIOT” Kellan Thomas in a #1 Contenders Match with NCW Heavyweight Champion Lumberjake as the special guest referee!
Ring Announcer: Shane Daly
Commentary: Atlee Greene & Mr. Wrestling XIII
Referees: Redd Roche, TJ Richter, & Rob Tuttle
Timekeeper: Brent Emerle
Photos courtesy of Zeke Dane. For the complete album, please visit his Flickr page here.
– NCW New England Champion Osirus w/ Doc Ozone d. Bryce Clayton with the ‘Anaconda Vice’ to retain his Championship. After the match Christian Casanova appeared at ringside, looking for an opportunity to wrestle Osirus for the title he lost back in September.
– Eddie Loomis d. Alexander Lee via disqualification after The Maine State Posse interfered in the match with Lee attacking a prone Loomis with his buy Nancy. Unfortunately for the Posse they were soon interrupted by “The Showoff” Mike Paiva and Rob “The Giant” Araujo, who challenged Lee’s tag team to a match.
– “The Dan Ram” Danny Ramirez d. “The Native American” Tomahawk in a hard fought battle that saw Ramirez pick up a huge win over the ultra-talented Tomahawk.
A weird video played on the video screen, with New England veteran Beau Douglas appearing at ringside with his own microphone having tapped into the NCW sound system. A delusional Douglas began shouting conspiracy theories to the Norwood crowd, begging the fans to wake up and see the truth that he knows.
“All Good” Anthony Greene, his personal assistant Ashley Mason, and his personal stylist “Foxy” Calvin Cameron Campbell arrived at ringside, coming face to face with Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley. With AG limping to the ring in a boot, the Ox Baker Memorial Cup Winner claimed he wouldn’t be able to compete tonight against “RIOT” Kellan Thomas. NCW Champion Lumberjake then made his way to the ring, calling AG’s bluff. Greene stated it wasn’t fair that Jake would be the referee, and that his BFFF “Foxy” Campbell should actually be the referee instead. Dean quickly offered up a solution– Lumberjake vs. Calvin Campbell with the winner getting to referee the Main Event.
– NCW Heavyweight Champion The Lumberjake d. “Foxy” Calvin Campbell in a match to determine who the special referee would be in the night’s Main Event.
– Triplelicious d. Christian Casanova after an enraged (and suspended) “Ruthless” Ruy Batello came into the match while referee TJ Richter was checking on a ‘hurt’ Triplelicious, giving Batello the opportunity to hit a devastating ‘Portuguese Drop’ on Casanova and giving Triplelicious the perfect chance to steal the victory. After the match Batello continued his assault on Casanova, furious that Christian would try to steal his shot at the New England Title. Osirus attempted to come into the ring to help Casanova, but both Triplelicious and Ruy Batello destroyed the New England Champion, even knocking out Doc Ozone for his troubles.
– “Dynamic” Jon Thornhill (dressed in a Batman cowl) defeated his childhood rival “Insane” Dick Lane with a beautiful superkick followed up with an elbow drop after the villainous Lane found himself distracted by a huge Dick (Lane) fan sitting in the crowd.
– NCW Tag Team Champions CrossFit (“The Selfie-Made Man” Vern Vicallo, “The Prettiest Man” Derek Andrews, & “The Fittest Man” Dan Terry) defeated The Heavy Hitters (Frank Champion & Shay Cash) two falls to one to retain the NCW Tag Team Titles after The Heavy Hitters were disqualified in the 3rd fall after official Rob Tuttle believed Champion hit Dan Terry with the title belt, causing the DQ. Unfortunately for The Heavy Hitters they also had to deal with all three members of CrossFit during the match, trading partners throughout the contest to throw Cash & Champion off their game.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas defeated “All Good” Anthony Greene in their #1 Contenders Match to become the #1 Contender for Lumberjake’s NCW Championship. During the match special enforcer Lumberjake lived up to the name, kicking Ashley Mason out of ringside after the vixen attempted to lowblow “RIOT”. Unfortunately for Thomas, AG invoked his guaranteed title match being the Ox Baker Memorial Cup Winner, demanding his Championship Match take place May 27th at the 19 year REUNION. With no other choice, Dean Livsley relented giving Greene the title match over Thomas in Norwood at REUNION.
NCW returns to the Jacob Jones VFW Post on Saturday night May 7th for NCW Saturday Night! Visit our Upcoming Event page for more details.