Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks to kick off our 2016 Season Friday night February 19th for NCW COLLISION COURSE, the first half of a double-header weekend.
Ring Announcer: Shane Daly
Commentators: Atlee Greene & “Toxic” Tom Warren
Referees: Rob “Buddy Christ” Greer & Mike Dube
Ringside Security: John Balis
– In the night’s opener Turtles in Time, the duo of Steve “The Turtle” Weiner & the time traveling “Insane” Dick Lane, defeated The Mr. Wrestling’s (Mr. Wrestling 13 & 21) in tag team action.
As Ring Announcer Shane Daly was preparing to introduce the next match Daly found himself interrupted by a beautiful woman and a red carpet being laid out in the entrance way. The woman (later identified as Ashley Mason) formally announced the arrival of “All Good” Anthony Greene, finally out to explain his actions from last Season. AG deflected blame and claimed his attacks on “RIOT” Kellan Thomas weren’t personal, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time as NCW Champion and being the biggest fish in the small pond of Northeast Championship Wrestling. As Greene continued to humble-brag his accomplishments as one of wrestling’s hottest young stars the two-time former NCW Heavyweight Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn interrupted, looking to come out and talk some sense into Anthony.
– Christian Casanova defeated Triplelicious and Mike Montero in a Triple Threat Match, showcasing all three men’s incredible talent. In the end however, the 2015 Most Popular Wrestler picked up the win.
The NCW Tag Team Champions CrossFit (“The Fittest Man” Dan Terry & “The Prettiest Man” Derek Andrews alongside Brick Mastone) arrived on hand for the 1st Annual CrossFit International Arm Wrestling Challenge & Competition. With a $1000 cash prize up for grabs Brick Mastone chose a ‘lucky’ fan from ringside to challenge the mastodon, leading to a very uneven challenge for Mastone. CrossFit was soon interrupted by “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva and Rob “The Giant” Araujo, but while CrossFit believed they were out for the challenge, the actual challenger was the NCW Champion Lumberjake! CrossFit immediately bailed, but NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley set up a Six Man Tag Match for later in the night.
– The Heavy Hitters (Frank Champion & Shay Cash) d. The Kool People (DJ AC & Sammy Deleon) w/ “High Class” Rich Bass in tag team action, with the debuting AC & Deleon surprising the Norwood fans by bringing Bass to the ring with them. Following the match the High Class Cartel including New England Champion “Sensational” Scott Levesque attacked The Hitters, leading to Osirus and Doc Ozone rushing the ring to aid Champion and Cash.
– “Ruthless” Ruy Batello defeated “RIOT” Kellan Thomas with his ‘Portuguese Drop’ (Samoan Drop). A dejected Thomas remained in the ring following the match into intermission, still feeling the frustration from last Season seeping in.
– “The Native American” Tomahawk d. “Slamdance” Tim Lennox after a miscommunication between Lennox and his mentor TJ Richter, who had taken over referee duties after Mike Dube was ‘accidentally’ knocked out (Richter clocked him).
– “All Good” Anthony Greene w/ Ashley Mason d. “The Juice” JT Dunn with a rollup after Dunn found himself distracted by Greene’s personal assistant. An enraged “RIOT” Kellan Thomas rushed the ring to attack AG, only to knock JT Dunn over in the process. Not one to be shoved aside “The Juice” got right into Kellan’s face, allowing “All Good” to escape from ringside victorious.
– Osirus w/ Doc Ozone d. “Sensational” Scott Levesque w/ “High Class” Rich Bass with the ‘Final Flash’ to win the NCW New England Championship in a tremendous back and forth battle, finally regaining the New England Title after two and a half years.
– NCW Heavyweight Champion The Lumberjake, Rob “The Giant” Araujo, & “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva d. CrossFit (“The Fittest Man” Dan Terry, “The Prettiest Man” Derek Andrews, & Brick Mastone) in their Six Man Tag Team Match when Araujo and Paiva forced Terry to tap out to a sharpshooter/crossface combo.
All photos courtesy of Brittany Costa.