Northeast Championship Wrestling returned to the Norwood Lodge of Elks this past Friday night for the 2015 Big City Rumble, featuring the first Ladder Match in NCW history followed by the Big City Rumble Match itself with the winner going on to WrestleFest XI to face the NCW Heavyweight Champion. NCW would like to personally thank all the fans who came out for the Rumble, making it our biggest crowd to date at the Elks Lodge. Top photo courtesy of The Wrestling Professor.
Ring Announcer: Shane Daly
Commentators: “Toxic” Tom Warren & Atlee Greene
Referees: Mike Dubie, David Montenaro, & Redd Roche (Rumble Only)
Ringside Security: John Balis
– In the night’s opener “Sensational” Scott Levesque w/ “High Class” Rich Bass d. Rob “The Giant” Araujo after Levesque countered Araujo’s victory roll, using leverage from Rich Bass to get the victory. Following the match Robbie attempted to get some payback on Levesque, only to find himself double teamed by The Cartel. From the back came Osirus and Doc Ozone, with the former GA West running Levesque and Bass out of the ring.
– The Heavy Hitters (Frank Champion & Shay Cash) defeated The Influence (Mike Montero & Jason Devine), Dr. Cobblepot & “Insane” Dick Lane, and “The MUTT” Ian Griffin & Matt Louden in a Four Corners Elimination Match.
Order of elimination;
- The Influence d. Dr. Cobblepot & Dick Lane when Mike Montero pinned Lane.
- The Heavy Hitters eliminated Ian Griffin & Matt Louden when Shay Cash pinned Louden after Griffin abandoned his partner.
- The Heavy Hitters defeated The Influence when Frank Champion pinned Jason Devine.
– Osirus w/ Doc Ozone d. “Dastardly” Doug Summers w/ Ashley Vox in a very intense battle which saw both men throw everything at one another until the closing moments when a frustrated Summers attempted to bring in a crutch from an injured woman in the crowd to use as a weapon, only for the Mad Doctor to put himself in harms way long enough for Osirus to hit a picture perfect ‘Final Flash’ for the win.
“The Selfie-Made Man” Vern Vicallo came out to the ring for another “Selfie-Made Challenge”, offering $500 of his own money for anyone willing to take his ‘Screenshot’ finisher and make it to all four corners within 60 seconds. Surprisingly answering the Challenge was “The Fittest” Man” Dan Terry of Crossfit, sporting a mask over his face after Terry accused David Loomis of damaging his perfect face. With his partner competing in an Internationl Crossfit Competition Terry offered to add $217 to Vicallo’s purse (the weight of Derek Andrews) to anyone willing to attempt this great feat.
“The Native American” Tomahawk came out to the ring, the same man who ended Vicallo’s undefeated streak at Red, White, & Bruised. Tomahawk agreed to take the maneuver, but in a shocking moment “The Native American” immediately popped up following ‘The Screenshot’, motioning toward each of the four corners. After attempting to keep Tomahawk down, Vicallo used the flash on his phone to temporarily blind Tomahawk, as Dan Terry and Vicallo attacked “The Native American”. Thankfully for Tomahawk The Loomis Brothers arrived on scene to run Viallo & Terry out of the ring, and since Crossfit had been granted a Tag Team Championship re-match “The Fittest Man” offered “The Selfie-Made Man” membership onto the team.
– Crossfit (“The Fittest Man” Dan Terry & “The Selfie-Made Man” Vern Vicallo) defeated The Loomis Brothers to win the NCW Tag Team Championship in a huge upset after Dan Terry used a foreign object inside his mask to headbutt David out cold and steal the match and the Tag Team Titles.
– Redd Wood (The Lumberjake & Redd Roche) d. “Ruthless” Ruy Batello & TJ Richter when The Lumberjake launched NCW’s Senior Official off the top rope with a ‘Redd Rocket Launcher’ onto Batello for the three count. An overconfident Batello sent “Slamdance” Tim Lennox away before the match started, and in the end Roche finally got some retribution on the shady TJ Richter and “The Ruthless One” after months of torment.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas defeated Triplelicious w/ Frank in the Ladder Match to retain the NCW Heavyweight Championship. The final battle in the war between Thomas and Trip saw both men beat the living hell out of one another using the ladder, the briefcase, and Trip’s bodyguard Frank as weapons throughout the contest. At one point late during the match, with “RIOT” on the verge to victory a masked man emerged from the back, shoving Thomas off the ladder and nearly costing him the title. Despite a brief resurgence from Triplelicious, Kellan was able to outwit Trip after the former New England Champion caught himself in the ropes, giving Thomas enough time to take the Championship back for the win.
Following the match Dean “The Beast” Livsley congratulated Thomas for his win, but informed him he wouldn’t be leaving Norwood with that Championship belt. Instead, Livsley presented “RIOT” with a brand new NCW Heavyweight Championship belt to the delight of the Norwood fans.
– The Lumberjake won the NCW 2015 Big City Rumble eliminating surprise entrant Triplelicious, becoming the first man in NCW history to win the Big City Rumble twice.
Participants this year included;
- “The MUTT” Ian Griffin
- Rob “The Giant” Araujo
- “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva
- “The Selfie-Made Man” Vern Vicallo
- Drew Solo
- Dr. Artemous Cobblepot
- Joey Warner
- Steve “The Turtle” Weiner
- “The Fittest Man” Dan Terry
- “The Native American” Tomahawk
- “Sensational” Scott Levesque
- “Insane” Dick Lane
- TJ Richter
- “Dastardly” Doug Summers
- Matt Louden
- The Lumberjake
- Billy Ware
- Cousin Larry
- Mike Montero
- “Slamdance” Tim Lennox
- “Shady” Shay Cash
- Jason Devine
- David Loomis*
- “Ruthess” Ruy Batello
- “Fury” Frank Champion
- Eddie Loomis
NOTES: Drew Solo held the shortest amount of time inside this years Big City Rumble, lasting only three seconds before getting eliminated by Rob “The Giant” Araujo… Eddie Loomis was right behind him at 15 seconds before “Ruthless” Ruy Batello tossed him over… The new NCW Tag Team Champions took advantage of their partnership, eliminating 2012 Big City Rumble winner Steve “The Turtle” Weiner, but unfortunately for Crossfit “The Native American” Tomahawk returned to the ring with vengeance in his eyes… Last years Big City Rumble co-winner Osirus was unceremoniously eliminated by Scott Levesque after Rich Bass took a cheap shot at Osirus… David Loomis was scheduled to be in the Rumble Match, but was not cleared to compete after being knocked out by Dan Terry’s foreign object… With an open spot in the Big City Rumble, Triplelicious took it upon himself to steal the final spot in the Big City Rumble after losing the Ladder Match to “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, but despite the best efforts of Trip, Frank, and especially “Ruthless” Ruy Batello Lumberjake was able to eliminate Trip to win the Rumble!