From the moment Kevin Perry won the NCW New England Championship from Mike Paiva, “Simply the Best” GA West has stalked the Champion, scouting him and preparing for an inevitable match for the gold. Unfortunately for West he must first exercise his demons, finally getting a victory over “The Hampton Beach Badass” Hunter Ward. Can it be done?
PLUS “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva goes one on one with the 2012 Rookie of the Year Anthony Greene as well as our first REUNION moment heading into NCW’s 16 year REUNION.
RIVERSIDE- On Friday March 22nd Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2013 wrestling season continues when we return to the American Legion Post #10 [830 Willett Avenue] in Riverside, RI for NCW’s March Madness! Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
In our featured match of the evening the returning Steve “The Turtle” Weiner will make his first appearance this Season when he goes up against his former tag team partner and friend “Dynamite” Doug Summers, after Summers shockingly turned on Weiner last November. After laying low at the beginning of 2013, NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley has convinced Weiner to return to the ring in Riverside to finally exact revenge on “Dynamite” Doug.
When NCW comes to Riverside the two time Heavyweight Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn will defend his Heavyweight Championship when he takes on the four time former NCW Champion Triplelicious. A part of NCW since 1997, Trip looks to reclaim his place as the very best wrestler in Northeast Championship Wrestling when he locks horns with “The Juice”.
PLUS the 2012 Rookie of the Year Anthony Greene, the Lumberjake, NCW Tag Team Champions the Loomis Brothers, “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva, Pacifico, & many more!
The American Legion Post #10 is located at 830 Willett Avenue in Riverside, RI. Doors open at 7:30pm with an 8pm start time for the wrestling action to begin. Tickets are only $10 at the door for adults and only $5 for all kids twelve and under. For up to date information on Northeast Championship Wrestling be sure to visit us online at http://thencw.com and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling.
Northeast Championship Wrestling and the 2013 Season returned to the Elks Lodge in West Warwick, RI for Silence the Violence XII as the road to NCW’s 16 year REUNION began in earnest.
Venue: West Warwick Elks Lodge
Ring Announcer: Bobbi Rossi
Referees: Zac Carter & Ron Masse
Camera: Erin McIntyre
– Too Shay d. Christopher James via pin fall in the night’s opener.
– The Lumberjake w/ Nikki V d. “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed in the maniacal gauntlet match, moving onto his next opponent “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger.
– “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger d. the Lumberjake after utilizing his chain while the referee removed Krueger’s chair from the ring. A furious Lumberjake then chased Krueger & Creed from ringside following his loss.
– Pacifico d. Bareknuckle Burly with the ‘Cobra Clutch Slam’.
– Scotty Slade d. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas w/ Kepler after “Dynamite” Doug Summers interfered, hitting Thomas with ‘the Beautiful Disaster’ knee crusher, giving Slade the perfect opportunity to capitalize.
– Summers remained at ringside after officials carried Thomas to the back. “Dynamite” Doug then continued his diatribe he began in Norwood, talking about the decline of NCW under the reign of Dean “The Beast” Livsley and how fans actually cheer people like Kellan Thomas and the inanimate puppet Kepler. As Summers promised that 2013 would be his year he was cut off by Commissioner Livsley, who once again offered to punch Doug’s teeth right down his throat. Summers declined, but before he could continue “RIOT” returned to the ring, looking for some payback on Summers. Since Doug didn’t want to face off with Dean, the Commissioner set a match up later in the night between Thomas and Summers.
– Anthony Greene d. “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva after rolling through Paiva’s ‘Sleazeball Special’, getting the victory in a huge upset.
– “RIOT” Kellan Thomas d. “Dynamite” Doug Summers in a great back and forth match.
– “The Hampton Beach Badass” Hunter Ward d. “Simply the Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone in a hard fought match, as West originally declined his New England title shot, wanting to win the championship in a better town than West Warwick, RI. “Simply the Best” then promised that he would defeat Hunter Ward, a wrestler he’s had trouble with in the past.
– NCW New England Champion Kevin Perry d. Abel James with a flying headbutt to retain the title.
– David & Eddie Loomis d. The Monarchy to retain the NCW Tag Team Championship when David Loomis nailed “Royalty” William King with the catapult bicycle kick.
NCW returns to the Riverside American Legion Post 10 in Riverside, RI on Friday night March 22nd for March Madness, where “Dynamite” Doug Summers will go one on one with his former tag team partner Steve “The Turtle” Weiner while the NCW Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn defends his Heavyweight Title against Triplelicious!
This past Friday Northeast Championship Wrestling kicked off its 2013 Season at the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA for COLLISION COURSE, a huge night of wrestling action that saw two title changes, an intense confrontation between NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley and “Dynamite” Doug Summers, and the Heavyweight Champion JT Dunn getting blindsided by Scotty “Won’t Die” Vegas following Dunn’s impressive victory over “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva.
– Before the night’s action began, Ring Announcer Shane “Sipowicz” Daly welcomed his co-host for the evening Scotty Vegas, who was forced to join the announce team at the end of last Season after he attempted to quit NCW. Unwilling to break his contract, Livsley made Vegas fulfill his remaining dates as a ring announcer.
– NCW New England Champion Kevin Perry w/ Rob the Giant d. “The Masshole” Mike McCarthy via submission to retain the New England title. During the match “Simply the Best” GA West and Doc Ozone came to ringside, scouting both the New England Champion and McCarthy.
– Scotty Slade d. “The REFolution” Anthony Greene via pin fall with a sit out urinage.
– The Loomis Brothers d. Big Bully Rezner & Pacifico in tag team action.
– Too Shay d. Christopher James
– “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger & “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed d. the BLT to win the NCW Tag Team Championship after Krueger & Creed jumped the Tag Team Champions, handcuffing Ruy Batello to the ring ropes. A fighting Lumberjake wanted the match to continue, and put up a valiant fight before becoming overwhelmed with the numbers game.
– Dean “The Beast” Livsley then made his way to the ring, and admonished the new Tag Team Champions for their actions. Since they essentially wrestled a 2 on 1 handicap match against Lumberjake, Livsley then made another Tag Team Championship Match immediately, taking on Davey & Eddie Loomis.
– The Loomis Brothers d. Jack Krueger & Alex Creed to win the NCW Tag Team Championship in dominant fashion, laying out both men with catapult bicycle kicks!
– Following intermission, Dean “The Beast” began going over his State of NCW Address when he was interrupted by “Dynamite” Doug Summers. Summers was furious over Livsley ignoring him, and not talking more about Doug Summers. Dean informed him that he would not be giving Doug any press for what he did to Steve “The Turtle” Weiner at WrestleFest, and he should be ashamed of himself. Doug then blamed Dean for professional jealousy, and started challenging him to a fight. Dean happily accepted, only to have Doug quickly back off. Livsley then promised that there was a whole locker room full of people who were pissed at Summers, and tonight would start with “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople!
– In a wild Triple Threat Match, “The Hampton Beach Badass” Hunter Ward d. Rob the Giant w/ Kevin Perry & El Saguaro after hitting a inverted suplex on the debuting Saguaro.
– “Simply the Best” GA West w/ Doc Ozone d. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas in a hard hitting back and forth match, with both men pulling out all the stops. In the end West used leverage from his feet on the ropes to keep Thomas down.
– “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople d. “Dynamite” Doug Summers with the ‘whammy bar’ to pick up the victory.
– “The Juice” JT Dunn knocked out “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva to retain the NCW Heavyweight Championship in a tremendous main event match. As Dunn celebrated his victory, Scotty Vegas came out of nowhere to attack the NCW Champion, laying him out with vicious blows to the head while choking him out. Vegas felt disrespected when Dunn kicked him out of the ring during introductions, forcing his hand into action.
NCW returns to action this Saturday night March 2nd in West Warwick, RI for Silence the Violence XII!
For some exclusive pictures from COLLISION COURSE, please check out Picture Dave’s terrific photography here.
On Saturday night March 2nd NCW continues its 2013 Season when we return to the Elks Lodge [60 Clyde Street] in West Warwick, Rhode Island for Silence the Violence XII. In conjunction with Matt’s WWE Collectibles and in the spirit of “WrestleMania Season”, Northeast Championship Wrestling is raffling off a pair  of tickets to WWE’s Road to WrestleMania live at the Dunkin Donuts Center on March 16th.
While raffle tickets will be available in West Warwick for purchase, you can enter to win these tickets to WWE just by purchasing an NCW ticket for Silence the Violence, where you will automatically be entered into the drawing!
For more information, please be sure to like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling!
This Friday night Northeast Championship Wrestling kicks off its 2013 Season live at the Elks Lodge [150 Winslow Avenue] in Norwood, MA. All three Championships will be on the line at COLLISION COURSE, with the event headlined by “The Juice” JT Dunn defending his Heavyweight Title against “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva.
NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley will also be in the house this Friday, presenting Norwood with the State of NCW Address, highlighting some of the great upcoming events in 2013. For up to the minute details on COLLISION COURSE and NCW, be sure to like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling as well as on Twitter via @TheNCWOnline.
Don’t forget that Matt’s WWE Collectibles will also be on hand in Norwood, providing fans with the best in wrestling memorabilia, as well as food from Broadway Pizza & Grill, Norwood’s best new pizza in town.
Watch this video on YouTube!
Watch this video on YouTube!
WEST WARWICK- On Saturday night March 2nd Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2013 wrestling season continues when we return to the Elks Lodge in West Warwick, RI [60 Clyde Street] for our annual winter clash Silence the Violence. Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
When NCW returns to West Warwick for the first time this Season, we’ll see the Monarchy [“Royalty” William King & Zachary Pierre Beaulieu] step up to challenge the NCW Tag Team Champions at Silence the Violence, presenting a unique challenge for the champions. King, a former New England Champion who embraced his royal roots after being one of NCW’s most popular competitors, has found a regal ally in Zachary Beaulieu, who truly believes he is above the lower class of West Warwick and New England. The challengers, confident in their capabilities in winning gold will square off against whoever wins the Tag Team Championship Match a week earlier in Norwood, MA at COLLISION COURSE. Whoever the champions are, the Monarchy has promised a victory on March 2nd regardless.
West Warwick will also see the egotistical “Dynamite” Doug Summers return to the Elks Lodge, proud of his deceit and duplicity at the expense of his former tag team partner and best friend Steve “The Turtle” Weiner last November. Weiner, reluctant to show his face in NCW since his attack, has allowed NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley to enlist the help of Warren’s own Rob “The Giant” Araujo to teach Summers a lesson in respect, going one on one with the arrogant former Heavyweight Champion at Silence the Violence.
The NCW New England Champion Kevin Perry will also be in action on March 2nd, when he defends his New England title against three other contenders in a Four Corners Match, Perry’s toughest challenge to date.
ALSO appearing in West Warwick will be the brotherly duo of David & Eddie Loomis, the Lumberjake, “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, NCW 2012 Wrestler of the Year “Simply the Best” GA West, “The Original Showoff” Mike Paiva, NCW 2012 Rookie of the Year Anthony Greene, Pacifico, Big Bully Rezner and many more!
A special raffle will also be taking place at Silence the Violence as Northeast Championship Wrestling will be giving away a pair of tickets to WWE’s Road to WrestleMania, which comes to the Dunkin Donuts Center on Saturday night March 16th. How do you enter the raffle? Just by SHOWING UP to NCW Silence the Violence. One NCW ticket purchased automatically enters you into the raffle for WWE, with additional raffle tickets available to purchase.
The West Warwick Elks Lodge is located at 60 Clyde Street in West Warwick, RI. Doors open at 7pm with a special 7:40pm start time for the wrestling action to begin. Tickets are only $10 at the door for adults and only $5 for all kids twelve and under. For up to date information on Northeast Championship Wrestling be sure to visit us online at http://thencw.com and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling.
NORWOOD- After a two month absence on Friday night February 22nd Northeast Championship Wrestling kicks off the debut event of our 2013 wrestling season when we return to the Elks Lodge in Norwood, MA [150 Winslow Avenue] for COLLISION COURSE. Competing in a seasonal format from February through November, for sixteen years NCW has presented a unique night of entertainment for fans bringing forth our larger than life characters, dynamic storylines, and incredible athleticism all while providing a unique experience for fans of all ages.
When the 2013 Season begins on February 22nd we will see the two time NCW Heavyweight Champion “The Juice” JT Dunn defend his title against Brockton’s own Mike Paiva, NCW’s longest reigning champion who lost his coveted New England Championship last November to “The Insider” Kevin Perry. With his own title lost, his best friend and manager fired from the company, and his elite stable Zero Tolerance disbanded, “The Original Showoff” has set his sights on Dunn’s gold, looking to end his title reign before it even gets started.
The Big Lovable Team of Northeast Championship Wrestling will be in action in Norwood when “The Portuguese Sensation” Ruy Batello and the Lumberjake defend their NCW Tag Team titles against the maniacally twisted duo of “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger and “The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed. While the BLT reigned supreme over the tag team division at the end of last season, Krueger has drawn a line in the sand, promising that 2013 will be his year after a 2012 that saw any ups and downs for him.
In his first title defense since winning the New England Championship at WrestleFest VIII, Kevin Perry will go one on one with former NCW Original Mike McCarthy, the hard hitting rock star who’s determined to dominate the ranks of NCW this season.
Also appearing February 22nd in Norwood will be the 2012 Season Cup Winner Rob “The Giant” Araujo, “The Hard Rock Hellraiser” Todd Sople, “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, NCW 2012 Rookie of the Year Anthony Greene, “Dynamite” Doug Summers, David & Eddie Loomis, the NCW 2012 Wrestler of the Year “Simply the Best” GA West, “As Seen on TV” Scotty Slade, NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley, and many more!
The Norwood Elks Lodge is located at 150 Winslow Avenue in Norwood, MA directly off Rt. 1A. Doors open at 7pm with a special 7:40pm start time for the wrestling action to begin. Tickets are only $10 at the door for adults and only $5 for all kids twelve and under. For up to date information on Northeast Championship Wrestling be sure to visit us online at http://thencw.com and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NCWwrestling.
And the winners are…
GA West – 33%
“The Juice” JT Dunn – 32%
“RIOT” Kellan Thomas – 17%
Scotty “By GOD” Vegas – 7%
In the biggest upset of Northeast Championship Wrestling’s 2012 Season Awards, “Simply the Best” GA West narrowly defeated the two time Heavyweight Champion JT Dunn to become the 2012 Wrestler of the Year, edging the champ out by only one percent of the vote. A flood of last minute votes propelled West to 1st place, shaking up the polls and defeating “The Juice”.
While Dunn can say he had the more memorable 2012 winning two Heavyweight titles in the process, “Simply the Best” wrestled a wide variety of competition this past Season, continuing to hone his craft as one of New England’s best wrestlers.
In 3rd place at 17% is the former NCW Tag Team Champion “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, coming off his first year as a singles competitor in NCW after his DUI tag team partner William Thorne moved to Florida in April. Kellan’s 2012 rival Scotty “By GOD” Vegas clawed his way into 4th place despite quitting the company at WrestleFest VII, defying the odds as NCW ushered in a new era of main event competitors.
The BLT – 33%
Destruction Under Impact – 28%
The Super Rad – 8%
The World’s Most Hated Tag Team – 8%
This past year gave way to many of NCW’s best and brightest tag teams breaking up or drifting apart, but 2012 will forever go down as the year of the Big Lovable Team thanks to the uniting of “The Portuguese Sensation” Ruy Batello and Lumberjake— The BLT! Coming together at NCW NO FEAR, Batello & Lumberjake immediately captured the hearts of NCW fans AND the vacant Tag Team Championship in short order.
Their only competition in the voting came from a team no longer together, but still one of NCW’s most ensduring tandems in the 2010 and 2011 Tag Team of the Year, Destruction Under Impact. “RIOT” and William Thorne dominated the tag team ranks in the first half of 2012, until falling to the Unequaled Destroyers at NCW’s 15 year REUNION.
Though “Dynamite” Doug Summers turned his back on longtime friend Steve “The Turtle” Weiner at WrestleFest, the Super Rad still managed to win 8% of the vote more likely due to Steve Weiner’s popularity rather than Doug Summers’ treachery.
Christopher James & Michael Tootsie Esquire won 8% of the vote. Let that sink in for a moment…
I Quit Match – 24%
GA West vs. David Loomis – 23%
Mike Paiva vs. The Lumberjake – 16%
Scotty Vegas vs. “RIOT” Kellan Thomas – 13%
If one match signifies what NCW was all about in 2012, it was Buddy Romano defending his NCW Heavyweight Championship against “The Juice” JT Dunn in an I Quit Match at WrestleFest VIII. These two bitter rivals spent nearly the entire year at one another’s throat, each encounter building to this final showdown in Norwood, MA. In the end it wasn’t just Romano putting his NCW title on the line against the former champion, it was Romano putting everything on the line to prove himself as being NCW’s best. Zero Tolerance. JC Marxxx. His place in NCW history. Everything was put on the table when Dunn & Romano collided at WrestleFest, and they did not disappoint. After forcing Romano to tap out to the ‘Lion Tamer’, “The Juice” thanked the fans for supporting him through it all, and signified a brand new world going forward for Northeast Championship Wrestling.
Anthony Greene – 63%
“The Twisted Hatter” Alex Creed – 14%
Scotty Slade – 13%
Hunter Ward – 6%
At the beginning of each Season, it’s tough to determine who will break out as the next big thing. 2009 was the first year NCW recognized a Rookie of the Year, and since then each rookie has made a significant impact on the NCW landscape. The 2012 Rookie of the Year first arrived in NCW back at the beginning of the 2011 Season. But wait, how does that work? Well that’s because your 2012 Rookie of the Year is NCW referee Anthony Greene, winning in a landslide with 63% of the vote. It wasn’t until July in Foxboro that “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger challenged AG to a wrestling match, furious over his officiating capabilities. Thanks to a timely assist from “The Juice” JT Dunn, Greene upset Krueger and the rest is history. Since the summer AG has trained harder and harder to become a full time wrestler in New England, looking for an opportunity to prove himself as an in-ring competitor. In 2013 he’ll have his chance.
NCW’s 2012 Most Popular
Anthony Greene – 29%
“The Juice” JT Dunn – 21%
“RIOT” Kellan Thomas – 16%
The Lumberjake – 13%
The overwhelming support for underdog Anthony Greene is evident in the 2012 Season Awards, with AG taking the 2012 Most Popular award as well, just surpassing the NCW Heavyweight Champion in the voting.
NCW’s 2012 Most Hated
Christopher James – 28%
“Simply the Best” GA West – 25%
Scotty “By GOD” Vegas – 11%
Zero Tolerance – 9%
Uncle Joe’s favorite wrestler has finally won something! Unfortunately for Christopher James, his victory comes in the form of NCW’s Most Hated Wrestler, a dubious distinction for many of NCW’s most vile rulebreakers.
NCW’s 2012 Holy $#!T Moment
Referee AG wrestles Jack Krueger – 47%
Loomis bicycle kicks his adopted father – 26%
Doug Summers turns on Steve Weiner – 15%
Kevin Perry is a mole against ZT – 9%
2012 was a year of shocking moments, but this year the fans truly believed that “The Maniacal” Jack Krueger coaxing referee Anthony Greene into the ring at SUMMER MELTDOWN was our 2012 Holy $#!T Moment of the Year.
Taking 26% of the vote was David Loomis finally breaking away from his adopted father JC Marxxx, courtesy of a bicycle kick right to the face, while “Dynamite” Doug Summers violent turn on his longtime friend Steve Weiner rocked 15% of the vote.
NCW’s 2012 Best Inanimate Object
“RIOT” Kepler Thomas – 42%
Alex Creed – 15%
Gordon the 2×4 – 14%
“The Portuguese Flotation” Buoy Ratello – 11%
It’s tough to call any of these nominees inanimate, especially when they get the crowd reactions that they do, but 2012 saw Kepler, the wild haired puppet who loves soccer emerge as NCW’s favorite inanimate object of 2012. The trusty mascot of “RIOT” Kellan Thomas, Kepler even competed in the 2012 Big City Rumble before getting eliminated by Scotty “By GOD” Vegas.
NCW’s 2012 Blast from the Past
“Revolution” Chris Venom – 46%
Evan “Hawkeye” Hunter – 14%
“The Celtic” Conner Murphy – 14%
“Jiving” Jimmy Capone – 14%
2012 was a year of special comebacks and surprises, no more so than NCW Commissioner Dean “The Beast” Livsley bringing back “Revolution” Chris Venom to host NCW’s 15 year REUNION, and oversee the epic night of action.
In a three way tie for 2nd place, the returns of former New England Champion Evan “Hawkeye” Hunter, “Celtic” Conner Murphy, & “Jiving” Jimmy Capone prove that you can in fact come home again.
NCW’s 2012 Best Non Wrestling Personality
Doc Ozone – 28%
Santa Claus – 23%
Dan Tanaka – 13%
“Mr. Clean” Mark Quinn – 9%
This year’s Best Non Wrestling Personality Award came down to one grudge match, Santa Claus vs. Doc Ozone. No other nominee came close to touching this back and forth race between these two fantastical myths come to life. In the end it was Doc O taking the win,standing by his 2012 Wrestler of the Year GA West, while Santa returned to the North Pole empty handed.
Until next year of course…
NCW’s Favorite Northeats Championship Wrestling Character
Souffle [Too Shay] – 24%
JT Well Dunn – 14%
“Simply the Best” GA Chicken Breast – 10%
Bready & Gravy Loomis – 10%
From West Philadelphia he was born and raised, but he’s also your favorite Northeats Championship Wrestling character– He’s Souffle!!